I'm baffled with some of my senior colleagues in the office. I always have this notion that backstabbing only happens to younger generations like me but little did I know that it could also happened to mature generations like them. It's a bit childish to have this kind of situation happening in the office. I'm rather thrilled to hear what a colleague of mine has to say about the other person. I'm placed in such a position that I've to listen to different parties backstabbing one another. I'm not a person with authority or experience to advise them not to do such things so I decided to just sit back, relax and enjoy the ruckus. Sometimes I do agree what they said about the other party even though it sounds mean but I've to hold back my opinions as not to encourage them to backstabbed even further. I always have the urge to tell the person what the other party has said but usually I just keep my trap shut. It's fun how this people will come up with sorts of creative ways to degrade a person. But you know what is worse? It's worst if the person who backstabbed you is your own partner =)
Few of us would denied that they've ever backstabbed someone. All I could say that's mother load fucking bullshit. I'm sure every single one of us has backstabbed someone. Even if you've agreed with someone's bad opinion of the other person, that is already considered backstabbing. It's just that few of us realized it till it's too late.
To me backstabbing is like Russian Roulette. You got to have lady luck with you to play this game and you have to be good at it. The rule of this game is that it has no rules at all. The objective of this game is to degrade someone as low as a vermin perhaps even lower. I love this game and I'm always waiting to be part of it or be a player myself. In Russian Roulette, once a bullet hits you, you're dead instantly unless if you're damn lucky. It's the same, when it comes to backstabbing, When someone backstabbed you, you're already a dead meat, the stigma of you having certain kind of reputation is already there. I don't care if someone backstabbed, create rumors about me cos I know I could do the same to the other party. It's the matter who is good at this game.
Ok let's leave that backstabbing issues behind, I just hope my colleagues are having fun backstabbing one another...
I have a problem right now. Ever since I was secondary school, I've always avoid any conversation with 'Parrot Talkers'. Parrot talker is a term which I create myself, referring to someone who always agrees or try to relate themselves to a particular situation though it may or may not happened to them in real life. It has been quite sometime since I last had conversation with a 'Parrot Talker' but recently this species start appearing in my life again. I get very very irritated with this person. He/She always interrupts our conversation and tries to place he/herself in the particular conversation and will go on tell his/her stupid story even though none of us is really interested with it. For example there was one particular conversation when we were talking about someone who just met an accident; and this Parrot Talker who doesn't want to be left out decided to cut through the conversation and tries to tell his/her own experience meeting an accident. Another example was when someone was telling us how she bought this item and realized it was faulty and this fucking Parrot Talker acknowledge her experience and tells us how he/she experienced the same situation. I know he/she is making up the story. How is it possible that he/she could relate herself to almost every conversation we had. I'm pretty sure it's not pure coincidence. I mean it's not wrong to tell your own experience especially if it really relates to the conversation but if you're trying to relate yourself too often something is really wrong. This person really wants all the attention and conversation focus on him/her. FUCK YOU.. GO TO HELL...
Another thing I'm irritated is when someone who shops a lot for clothes but still look fugly on him/her. Worst if he/she shops for the same thing thinking it would be nice on him/her. It's simply waste of time. I'm not a fashionista or something but I know well enough if he/she looks bad on something. But unfortunately this person is kinda stubborn to change, I guess the fashion sticks on to the person. I would prefer someone to be plain and simple with or without makeup as long as person be themselves and not dolled themselves up and in the end look ridiculous It's a total embarrassment. Why can't we all be simple in life.
Speaking of being simple. I simply notice that Singaporeans are born to be comfortable creatures. Many of my Singaporean colleagues here simply can't escape from every little comfort that they used to have back in Singapore. Singaporean who can't lived up to their dreams back home, have decided to live up their dreams in Dubai. I simply think that's dumb. We are not staying here for long unless we decided to die here. So why waste time building or having those dreams here in Dubai, you can't have it for long, after two years when you go return to Singapore, you're back to square one. All your dream life is gone. Well it's ok to indulge once a while but it's very intimidating if someone comes up to me and says that I'm nothing if I don't have a car, big house and what's not in Dubai. Mind you, I prefer to stash my cash and save it for the future rather than spending on something which I can't hold on for a long time. Someone in the office came up to me and told me that I should get a car so that it's easy for me to get around and hook up chicks. -_-??? I was traumatized cos this person was a senior colleague of mine. So I simply told him that if our Filipino colleagues could live without a car and still get to work on time, why should I? I think he was baffled with my remarks. He simply shrugged it off and walk away, he didn't mention anything about cars to me again. To me if I want to live up to my dreams, I would rather have it back in Singapore rather than in Dubai. Some of the Singaporeans here are too busy finding big villas/posh apartments to rent, own expensive cars and live a life which they simply couldn't afford back home. As for myself I'm happy sharing my modest apartment with 3 other cool foreigners about my age. I go to work on the company's van. On weekends I walked or take cab to my destinations and I don't have to worry about any high mortgages or maintenance. I still manage to survive somehow. So thus life here is too short for me to indulge myself with all these unnecessary luxuries.


No comments:
Post a Comment