Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ever since my Team Leader, Mahesh, left. The work burden has been somewhat greater. Before there was two of us but now only left me alone, so the stress is really pushing me to the edge at times. Being responsible for all the drawings and documents is really no joke especially if someone has misplaced the drawings. I'm not sure if I'm too stress with the work load or irritated with the people who keep on querying about some drawings. Sometimes the same person would asked me the same question 4 times about the same item, I feel like slapping them sometimes. David the SRA told me that I must maintain the team like protecting a fort and do not let the enemies pass through. Team what team? I'm working alone!!! but nonetheless , I always imagine myself that I am protecting a fort infact its kinda a good idea to imagine myself protecting a fort. Like for example in the morning I imagine my fort being attacked by enemies or stray arrows, so during this hour, this is when I would received so many drawings and queries, I imagined all those people giving me drawings/documents as stray bullets and 'enemies' . Afternoon is when my enemies would take a break, whereas I would repair all the damaged walls in other words, I would try to finish up the remaining queries during lunch time.  After lunch more attacks and again I have to quickly defend myself. Evening time is when my enemies and stray arrows stop launching against my fort. After which I will repair all the damaged walls and think of a new way to fortified the walls by coming up with new systems things like that. Somehow I've managed to defend my fort well except on one or two occasion where I let my enemies pass through and I was quick enough to 'kill' this enemies of mine.

 I wonder how Joe and Yuen Theng are coping with their fort. I'm supposed to help them if they are in trouble or any doubts. So far only Joe has been corresponding with me about documents/drawings and implementing new system which I think is a good idea since some of my system does not really work well for his office as his team is only quarter of my whole office. I really hope it goes well. I'm not sure about Yuen Theng though as she has not correspond with me at all since two weeks ago, so I assume everything is fine. If really do wish to assist them out but I'm alone for now and too busy defending my fort whole day.

 

I HATE THE CONTRACTORS…..

No comments: