The Power of 9 Compels you...
I’ve not been jogging/walking for the past 1 week because lately it has been raining in the evening. My jogging/walking routine starts at 5pm and ends roughly by 7pm. The rain has somehow stopped my activities. I decided that I’ve to change the timing to mornings instead. I would start trekking at 6am and ends around 8am. I would use the trekking path along the PIE highway. From there I could choose to use the normal jogging path or use the dirt terrain. The jogging path is easier to navigate cause it has directions and lights to guide me. The dirt path is harder cause the are no signs except for an occasional sign boards at a junction, no lights, its located between dense jungles. If I’m not careful I could end up all the way to the end of Bukit Timah or Mandai. So I guess since I’m doing it in the morning, I prefer to be on the safe side by using the jogging path instead.
Have you ever notice few years back that whenever there are any sales, the shop would display prices like $1.99, $11.99 or sometimes $99.99. I just wonder what is the significant of placing prices like $1.99, why can’t they just sell it at $2.00 or $1.90. Thank goodness that the Singapore Government has decided not to circulate 1 cent coins anymore. My wallet used to have a lot of 1 cent coins. Right now if you flip the newspapers looking at sales advertisement or any online shop portal, the digit 9 still plays a part particularly during sales. 2 Shirts for $89, Skirt for $79 or a pair of jeans $199. Why can’t they just round up the figure like $90 or $80? It irks me to see the number 9. A friend who works part time at a retail outlet told me that number 9 has some sort of psychological effect to shoppers. A shopper will not buy a shirt which cost $200 but they wouldn’t mind forking out for a $199 shirt even though its only $1 difference. Number 9 would create a sensational effect that it’s neither expensive nor cheap. That’s how effective number 9 is. Customer’s who are observant will obviously not fall into this
deceitful advertising but then again if its cheap why not? Lol…


No comments:
Post a Comment