Next Destination...
I slept early last night around 8pm because I’m going to have blood test later on in the afternoon. Somehow I know the trick of getting a good results on the blood test, which is to sleep early. If everything goes fine, I would be warded for 4 days and have my last session of chemotherapy and then perhaps next week I would have my bone marrow procedure followed by bone marrow insertion procedure and then I’m done. Hopefully these ends by mid of February or early March. Oh well… then I have to quickly plan for this year’s itinerary. I’ve not planned anything yet cause there is nothing much I can do for now.
I’ve been looking at certain destinations for now.
- Obviously Pyongyang is out, perhaps I will wait for Zeyu to finish his army and then we would see how it goes.
- Bangalore for a month? Hmm I need a partner to do this. The last time I went India with 3 friends for 3 weeks, it was fun and yet horrible at the same time. Fun because everything seems new and exotic to us. The food taste fantastic too. Horrible because we all had diarrhea for 3 days straight and of cause the rip offs.
- Siem Reap? Never been here before but don’t mind since Jet Star is offering cheap fares.
- Bangkok? I’m so ashamed that I’ve never been to Bangkok, let alone Hong Kong or Taiwan. I’ve never fancied these places in the first place.
- Istanbul again? I like Istanbul despite being there already 4 times. Maybe I should go with my family?
- China? I’ve been looking at certain packages. Very interesting itinerary and affordable too. Definitely I’m not going to backpack here. I will definitely go with my family.
- Bali? Hmm been there, done that but certainly don’t mind going there again. Weiliang doesn’t want to go there cause it brings back all those memories he had of his old school friend who passed away last month due to road accident.
- And I still have unfinished plans with Rachel and Rowena. We still have not decided where to go yet.
I just wish there are more cheap flights around Asia somehow. Cheaper fares means more holidays. People wonder why I don’t venture out to Europe or North America. Well first thing first, these two countries are not exotic, too urbanized, tickets to these countries are TOO EXPENSIVE unless Air Asia decides to fly to London for as cheap as 400 Ringgit. Besides I’ve been to Germany and Netherlands for band competition/performance centuries ago and it was co-sponsored by the school. So that’s enough of Europe.
Few days back before New Year, I woke up around 4am, turn on my MSN and look at the name list. I messaged Zeyu to change his nick. He has such a depressing nick for the past 1 year or so. It’s always about love and being rejected. Most of his nicks are excerpts from song lyrics. I just wish he could get whoever he wants and move on with life. It’s not that I’m being a busy body but its just not ‘healthy’ for the mind. Temptations to delete his nick is always there but then again I always have errands for him to do. Bleah. So instead of deleting him, I rename his nick to “Emo-Bastard”. Now this is also reminder to anyone who has such depressing nicks in MSN, I will rename them with such a horrible clause. Anyway Zeyu you’re not hated, just that your nick is killing me, so anyway why don’t you run off and get me those concert tickets will you? Hehehe….
Speaking of India, when I was in primary school, my Chinese friends like to mention ‘APU-NEH-NEH” and they wobbled their heads with their hand clasped in front of them or above their heads. I really wonder what does “APU-NEH-NEH” means all I know is that “NEH-NEH” means breast. Then what does “APU” stands for? Then the Malays like to call Indians “PUNDEK”. I still like this word somehow even though it’s a form of derogatory of one’s race. An example of using the word “PUNDEK” is ‘That fucking Aneh so chao chee bye, that Pundek don’t understand a word, pukimak betul’ Now that’s what I call multi-racial harmony, using 4 different languages in one sentence.
One People, One Nation, One Singaypore


No comments:
Post a Comment