Monday, May 21, 2007

Retail Theraphy...

Ouh I did retail therapy today and I say it was good. Since I’ve thrown out all my oversized clothes, I’ve practically nothing to wear. Those shirts that I bought from Dubai some are oversize and some turn yellowish. I wonder why it turn yellowish. I wonder if it’s because of the water that I used to wash my clothes in Dubai. I wouldn’t say sweat stains cause sweat stains only happen on certain parts of the shirt eg: armpit.

In the morning I went back to school to accompany my cousin to the Admissions Office to settle some of her stuffs and also to get my documents which I was supposed to take years ago. Glad that they still keep it for me though. There were 2 guys infront of me who wanted to change course. They were in the Marine Engineering and they wanted to change to Architecture. The admission officer told them that the course is tough blah blah blah, need talent, need perseverance. Oh well whatever, good luck to these people anyway. I wonder why many students from India are enrolling in the Marine related courses especially Nautical Studies. Well I actually did applied for that course cause I thought being a ship captain was way better than being anything else. Glad I didn't get in though. Also, I kinda hate it when those UWCSEA students come to the campus to have lunch in the canteens. Most are snob brats simply because they can't queue, they talk too loud, smooching in the middle of crowded canteen, *might as well put a bed in the centre and have sex for us to see* and for the obvious reason is simply because they are expatriate kids and they thought they could get away with it. NOW LISTEN IF YOU ARE THE PRINCIPAL OF UWCSEA, could you please teach ALL your students to behave appropriately before I make a complain to the relevant authorities to bar all your students from coming in to the campus? I know I don't behave well either but I THINK its ok cause I'm not from UCWSEA. Life is not fair, I know...


On the way back I bump into James and Stella. Probably to settle their graduation event or perhaps to visit the band room. I wanted to go back to the band room cause I was suppose to get my music scores from Zhenyang but I guess the band room won’t be open and even if it does, the current members probably wouldn’t know me except a few and they will probably kick me out haha...

I met Weiliang at Vivocity for some retail therapy. He report ’sick’ today. Wanted to go Vivo on Sunday but since both of us are anti-socials, introvert and hate crowds we decided to go on Monday instead. Well it was still crowded somehow when we went there probably due to the fact that there were 4 cruise ships at berth so maybe all the tourist were in Vivo or something. Shrugs…

Great Singapore Sale is around the corner but some shops are already having discounts. I bought 3 black tshirts from Hang Ten and guess how much it cost per shirt? $3 bucks only haha coolness… Weiliang bought few white shirts. I already had in mind that I need to get certain items like sandals, Bermudas, tshirts and what’s not. The funny thing is that I already felt guilty even before buying. I have this problem every time where I would feel guilty for spending on something especially if it cost above $50. Cause I know some people survive on $50 per month and thus the guilt. So keeping in mind that I shouldn’t spent above certain amount for a particular items to keep my spending low, I began my retail therapy.


I went to NewUrbanMale to get my Havaianas sandals. I wasn’t keen on Havaianas sandals cause it doesn’t look durable, it looks too plastic I would say unlike Teva sandals. But my Grandma who has a pair swears by it telling me that it’s non-slippery and it looks funky. She uses it to go to the wet market. I wonder who bought the Havaianas sandals for her? Anyway NewUrbanMale or NUM as most of us know it sells a lot of metro sexual/gay stuffs but it has a small section for ladies too. Most of the stuffs look quite nice actually but some, well you wouldn’t catch me wearing it like the swimming trunks for men. Unlike Speedos, the swimming apparels in NUM really shows off the butt and crotch. So if you have a nice a bubbly butt it will look nice and if you have a big ‘shoe size’ well you might get uncomfortable down there if you have an erection but that’s the whole idea, to show off your butt and your crotch. The t-shirts are alright but has a steep price compared to the ones in Topshop or Pull and Bear. So anyway if you are interested with NewUrbanMale clothings feel free to visit http://www.newurbanmale.com/

Next, I have to get my Tshirts. So I visited Topshop, Zara and Pull & Bear. Topshop clothes really look horrible and I mean reallllllllly horrible. Perhaps only the male clothings look horrible in Topshop. Some of it look like rags and why would I want to pay a high price for a rag? Zara in Singapore doesn’t look appealing. First it’s expensive, secondly there is not many collections apart from the formal wears. The tshirt in Zara looks horrible compared to the ones overseas and further more it cost much more cause of the GST. I really prefer the Winter collection. Finally I got my tops at Pull & Bear. Usually Pull & Bear had a certain theme/season for their clothings. This time they have two themes or collection for their clothings. They have Mexico and Sesame Street. Mexico collection is basically on food like burritos, tacos and what’s not. So the tshirt have imprints of these food and the collection is mostly orange-yellow-green shades. Sesame Street collection is very nice but unfortunately the nice ones are long sleeves. I don’t like long sleeve tshirts. It’s too warm to wear in Singapore conditions. Seriously the tshirt is very very cute. I like this green tshirt with Count Dracula on it but it’s long sleeve. Cookie Monster tshirt is in purple, I didn’t get it cause Weiliang wants that. So I got myself an Elmo gray tshirt. The pink shirts has the entire Sesame Street characters on it but again it’s long sleeve. Sigh…

I got my brown bermudas at Esprit. Before purchasing it I went around surveying for the pants to see the cutting and price and so on. In total I went in and out of Esprit 4 times, Pull & Bear twice, Topshop 3 times and Gap once all for the sake of surveying and trying it on. Finally decided to get the one in Esprit cause its cheaper and nicer too then the on in Pull & Bear. Maybe I will get the one in Pull & Bear next time. Weiliang got this checkered bermudas in shades of red+brown+orange which reminds me of Ketupat. It's really nice. Retail therapy is really unhealthy to the wallet if it’s done too often. I did notice certain items which is nice like the black polyester duffle back in Zara and few other tops which I notice in Puma store but I shouldn’t spent more than what I intended if not I will feel ever guilty. I did spend over $100 for the items and so the guilt is already setting in.

Got few more knick knacks and what’s not before we had lunch at Secret Recipe. Anyway TOYS’R’US are crap nowadays. We visit the place and there is nothing much to play with. What happened to the good old toys? Hehe you know what is our favourite pass time when we visit shopping malls? To visit the toilets and check our their toilet bowls. We check out the toilet at Keppel Bay and we give it 2 thumbs up cause its quiet, not many users, the toilet bowl has a nice big rim for your ass to rest on and the partition is higher than 1.8m. The toilets in Vivo fair slightly lower simply because the tile is wet, too many users and the toilet bowl doesn’t look appealing to me but since we have ‘business’ to attend to, we went ahead with the toilet in Vivo. Now a funny thing happened while we were doing our ‘business’. A man in the next cubicle asked for toilet paper cause his has run out. Now there is nobody else in the toilet except the 3 of us. Being evil I quickly finish my ‘business’ and get out of the cubicle without giving the man any toilet paper. Weiliang thought it’s evil thing to do but a brilliant one at that. And we left the toilet leaving the poor man alone. Now imagine, what would you do if you were the man?

a) Use your fingers and wipe it off on the wall
b) Use your socks to wipe it off
c) Use your underwear/boxers and wipe it off
d) Wait for the next user and ask him for toilet paper
e) Stagger your way and make it to the next cubicle to get that precious toilet paper
f) Don’t wipe at all

If I was in that same situation, I would probably pick B and C. Reason?

Use your socks to wipe off - No toilet paper? No problem. Remove my socks, wipe my ass with it. Once done just flush it down. Besides nobody will notice my socks since I’m using ankle socks. Socks or no socks doesn’t make any difference. If I really need to get socks, I will just have to buy a new pair which will cost $4.90 at Giordano.

Use your underwear/boxers an wipe it off - Almost same reason as B. Wipe your ass clean with it and flush it down. Nobody will know whether you’re wearing boxers or not cause nobody will see it unless you told them. Besides I know some people don’t like to wear boxers or underwear *nudge Weiliang….*


So what will you do? Are you going to use your fingers?

No comments: