Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The tea lady with unglam umbrella...

Today in the office, early in the morning, I got ‘shoot’ by the tea lady. Can you imagine being reprimanded by the office tea lady? I think the tea lady finds her job too mundane that she decides to tick people off just to amuse herself. I was washing my Starbucks tumbler in the sink. The sink is divided into two separate basins so that 2 taps can run simultaneously. It’s very usual for me to sanitize all my tumblers everyday with hot water and soap before I pour my hot tea. I placed my tumbler on the divider which separates the two basins and pour hot water over it which obviously makes the basin wet. And tea lady seeing the basin wet started yakking away in Cantonese which I think translates to, “You son-of-a-bitch, bloody hell you just made the sink wet, Oh Lord why this cunt has to make my life soooooo difficult, I’ve to make tea and coffee for all the cunts in the office and now this fat cunt has to make me wipe the wet sink, Oh Lord, I hope I don’t have to scrub the floor too, don’t you know the sink has to be dry at all times, you bloody fat cunt” Well I think that’s what she tries to say to me… So I apologized to her and gave her a wide big grin which irritates her even more. She says something again in Cantonese, “Oh Lord, Hallelujah this fat cunt just grinned at me. Bloody fat cunt, you just wet the basin and you’re grinning at me!!!” *She didn’t curse me at all just that she sound irritated and I’m assuming that’s what she is trying to tell me…* Furthermore a hot chick was behind me waiting to wash her “mushroom” cup and she is smiling over the commotion. I wish the ground swallow up me whole at that moment. Maybe I should take a revenge on the tea lady for embarrassing me like that. Perhaps I should replace all the sugar in the jar with salt then those people who drink coffee/tea will have salty coffee/tea in the morning. Oh well… she is just a tea lady doing her job and easily being pissed off too.

It rained cows and sheep this morning and I’m a person who HATES carrying umbrellas. I hate bringing umbrella since primary school days because the umbrellas that my mum made me bring to school is so unglamorous always had flowery patterns on it. So today is one of those days where I’m contemplating whether I should bring an umbrella or not. Usually I would just put on my winter jacket during rainy days and walk under the rain and YES I have a winter jacket mind you and NO I didn’t bought it from those winter store in Singapore. It’s thick and comfy that it keeps me warm whenever I’m eating Ice-Kacang. *Auntie more atap-chee plesase….* But since its raining cows and sheep, I definitely need to bring an umbrella to work today. I thought of driving to work but I realized how expensive it’s gonna be to park the car and the ERP charges so I stick to my BMW 2.0 (Bus Mrt Walk – 2 Legs). I asked my mum if she has nice small umbrella for me to use cause big umbrellas is such a hassle to carry around. So she gave me an umbrella which has flower patterns on it. It’s so unglamorous to use such umbrella and I asked if she has other umbrellas preferably with no patterns on it. She brought out 5 more small umbrellas and all have flower patterns on it. Gasp* I chose this umbrella with dark green flowery patterns on it. It’s so auntie to use it, oh my God I would probably have to put on a paper bag over my head if I were to use it on any other day. The umbrella is pathetically small that it didn’t shield my big whallop-ass from the rain even my bag was not spared too. I probably need a parasol or a beach umbrella the next time it rained. By the time I reached the bus stop, I was totally drenched down below except for my upper torso. My shoes and socks was wet to the skin.

When I reached Orchard Road, I noticed there is no sight of rain at all. In the office, people were askng me why I’m drenched wet. -_- I’m so cold and it doesn’t help when the office is freezing cold. The only missing is the penguin, polar bears and Eskimos. Brrrrr……

No comments: