Thursday, September 09, 2004

FREEDOM

YAY Freedom.... I've already completed my second phase of my final project... it was really torturous.I've to really manage my time well.With all those time spend in hospital,band etc etc.... I've to make sure that I donch get drag behind expectations.

My eyes were puffy for the pass few weeks due to lack of sleep and eye infection.In my study course,sleeping is like sin especially if you have so many sketches/drawings to do.But most of us donch hv a choice but to sleep around 3-4am and wake up around 8am to complete our work.I would barely call it a sleep but its betta than nothing.

I had band camp right after my project submission.I wasnt expecting much during the camp except to practice more with my juniors for the upcoming concert.I wasn't really that worried with my section members as most of them are capable of playing most of the scores,infact some of them are better than me well except for one junior of mine.

Well as section leader of cos I've to lead by example but I didn't.Infact I've never like to be section leader or any other post.The reason bcos of the responsibility which I've to hold.So during the camp my assistant section leader took over me or sometimes one of the better juniors took over which I don't really mind at all.Infact I prefer to be under someone not the other way round.I've problem with conducting the section cos I'll slow down in a middle of a passage and the metronome doesn't really help either cos the tick-tick sounds really bothers me alot.Well I'm just like a puppet you see.I've a post but I do nothing except for the admin stuffs cos I don't really like to in charge of something.

Well most of my section members and juniors donch really have a problem with their scores except for tone quality.I DO have a particular junior who seems no nothing at all.Its kinda weird, he has been playing that instrument (euphonium) for 5 years but he seems to only know the basic foundation of the instrument.I took only a month to adapt to my current instrument when I was transffered from bassoon section.Well of cos I could teach him to upgrade his foundations but the problem is that he is always missing.He is rather very busy with his other clubs (he join 4 CCAs mind you). What really irritates me is that he doesn't practice but instead he walks around to socialise and he talks alot too.I won't be surprise if he is outcast by some of the band members especially by the 'JINGING BANGS' - refer to previous post about 'JINGING BANGS'.Well aniwae I think he deserved to be outcast for talking too much.My gut feeling tells me that he thinks that he is Mr Popular just bcos he joined Spore Idol.Oh puhleasee..his voice sucks to the maximum earth core.Worse thing is tat he sings infront of me and my friends.BAH...Fuck off will ya.

Section competition was great though I didn't expect my section to win anything but we got 4th place aniwae..so it wasn't that bad.Some members from Trumpet section were seen crying for not winning (i think).Well I don see the need for all the cryings,I mean its part and parcel of competitions.I think they cried bcos they didn't get into top 3 positions cos for the past few years Trumpets have always been in top 3 positions.Oh well if only I could tell them not to worry cos it doesn't make any difference to us.(The trophies are recycled aniwae so why bother?)

I've to get Purple ties for my section this coming weekend.Hope they have enough stocks.



No comments: