Some of you wonder why I'm so free to blog away. Well the truth is that I blog everyday after office hours. I have few upwaiting blogs in my computer waiting to be uploaded. So most of the entries which I've uploaded are not really new, usually they have been in my computer for 2 - 6 days. But who cares as long you all shameless folks have something to read, that is fine with me...
Yesterday I saw a lady who looked like my mum and I have the urge to hug her. I guess I simply miss my family now. Ok Chen Ning would probably say that 'Nasir would never miss anyone unless they are dead'. Well partially that's true; I wouldn't miss anyone unless they are dead. The horrible thing happened when I have a nightmare that night before; I dreamt both of my parents passed away, the dream felt so real.
Sometimes I wonder what would happen to me when my parents are no longer around. I wonder if I could stand on my own feet. Whenever I encounter problems, my parents are always there for me to fall back but what happen if they are no longer around? I can't simply rely on my siblings cos they have their own problems too. Sometimes I'm really afraid of the future, the uncertainty. I really do admire my parents infact any parents (except those abusive ones) for having the will, courage to bring up the family. I wonder who they fall back on to whenever they encounter problems. They might not show it infront of their family but I'm sure they do cry at night in their own solitary. I wonder if I could be a good parent. Bringing up a family is a lifetime investment. If only we knew of our future...
I have some kind of phobia/fear whenever I sleep with someone in the same room. I never had any problem with my brother or my close friends. I'm sharing my room now with this 25 year old Filipino guy. We sleep on different beds of cos DUH. He works till late at night shooting pictures for catwalks or magazines. By the time he comes back, I would be sleeping .Sometimes I imagine him shooting pictures of me while I'm sleeping. Worst is when I imagine him butchering me or strangling me. Imagine I'm sleeping peacefully fantasizing about Judith our DPA receptionist when my room-mate take out an axe and stab on my eyes or a baseball bat and whack my head till it cracked open. Urgh Oh dear... I fear for my life...
And because Dubai is in the Middle East, the thought of encountering terrorists is always there. Sometimes (infact all the time) when I'm in the van going to the office, I would imagine a Truck with load of bombs stopping next to our van and without any warning BOOM!!! When I wake up I would probably end up in Hospital if I'm lucky or Hell if I've been a naughty boy. So far there has been only 1 terrorist threat which happened last month. The chance of encountering a bomb blast is a near possibility for me as I stayed in the City. But I dowan to die in bits and pieces it's so unglamorous... but my name would be probably in Newspaper all over the world. How cool. My family wouldn't have to waste money on the obituary. I believed Zeyu would agree with me on this cos we talked about it before.
Arabs are filthy rich. I will encounter limousines twice or more per week. It's not your usual Malaysian/Singaporean Limousines but these are those Las Vegas types. Super long limousines. But sometimes limousine drivers can be pretty dumb. I was walking back from the supermarket when I encounter this Limo driver who is stuck in the carpark. Apparently he is stuck between two cars while doing a parallel parking. Now who the hell would do a parallel parking for a Limo in the middle of a busy street. The driver who is really desperate to get out, call me up while I was licking on my ice-cream cone. So as a good Samaritan which I'm always one, I direct him to get out of the parking space. Technically there was no space for him to get out. I wonder how he get into the space in the first place. It took him 15 minutes to get out of the space and by then I've finished my ice-cream. The result cause damages to both cars parked at front and the rear of the Limousine. The driver hit both cars hard as to push them forward/backward as to get more space for himself. I should have asked the Arab Sheikh who is probably sitting inside the Limousine for a tip for helping him to get out of that miserable carpark space. The next time a Limousine driver asked me for help or knocks me down while I'm crossing the road, I would demand the owner of the Limousine to pay me UK$5 million pounds which is equivalent to S$18 million...
My favourite game in Dubai is Minesweeper cos that's the only game I have in my computer and the only game which I can win =( . I shall get The SIMS 2 even though I have one back at home but that is a pirated version. I shall buy the Original version.
On Saturday there was a riot strike by the office labourers. The reason is because they did not receive their dinner the night before. Come to think of it, it's a bit dumb to go on strike just because they missed dinner. Some you may laugh but you have to put yourselves in their shoes. These people do really work hard 13 hours a day and their pay is not much compared to us. Buying a meal in Dubai would probably cost between AE5 - AE10 dirham. That amount of money maybe peanuts to us but to them it's a big amount. So to me they have the right to go on strike if they need to. So because of the strike, no one else was in the office except for the DP Staffs. James and Lobo are on strike early in the morning so they were not there to help us around. But they came back in the afternoon but I didn't make them do any work. There is no point making people do work when they are hungry. I guess I'm still not used to order people around. Only lazy people like Derek would use the full advantage of these people. If only Derek realized that the world does not revolves around gifts/presents/birthdays parties/maids ....
Yay we got a new driver from Pakistan for the company. Now we have 2 drivers to drive us to work and that means we don have to wait for long if we want to go home but it also means we get into office very early in the morning. So now we have 2 office drivers who drive us to and fro from our apartment to office and another 2 drivers who dispatch us around the construction site if we need to travel from Emaar site office to Dubai Mall site office. They should get a bus so that everyone could go to work and go home together.
I have yet to blog about my trip to Abu Dhabi which happened like 2 weeks ago and those farewell dinners before I went off to Dubai. But I shall wait for my new laptop cos there are load of photos to be uploaded... Muahaha.... I shall be getting a HP Pavilion EA1345 which supposedly to be one the few latest model here but I believed Singapore has already show cased this product few months back. Oh well who cares... as long it works...
There was some sort of server leak from the Emaar main connection server. So thus all server/internet connection is temporarily disrupted as not to let anyone leak any confidential information or wadeva crap. Everyone in the office is shaking leg right now cos we can't do our work but nvm it's 30 mins before we can go home. This blog is supposedly to go online on Sunday but I manage to upload it only on Monday. So this entry is 1 day behind.
P.S. 12-11-25 * Can't get you off my head. I wonder why? Can you help me?


No comments:
Post a Comment