Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I've been aiming for that FCUK shoes for weeks now and I can't hold it any longer. I shall get it next month when I get my pay. It's too nice to resists. I shall be getting that camera too. Arhh don't worry if you think I spent too much. I've not been buying anything for myself except for the laptop. So now I shall start buying clothes.

I'm not a clothes person. I wear whatever I can find in the wardrobe. I rarely shop for clothes too cos I think it's really waste of time but I don't mind shopping for electronic gadgets. I wish I could wear uniform to work. I could really save my time and money from going shopping. I only have to deal with the same uniform for the rest of the week. Wearing uniform is funky to me especially if I get to wear those German Nazi uniform with knee cut boots.

Did I tell you that Arab people in Dubai are really brand conscious? Even though the ladies maybe cover up from head to toe, you would never know what they are wearing behind those veils. Brands like Zara, Mango or FCUK are considered cheap brands to them , it's simply like Giordano, Hang Ten to typical Singaporeans. The fashion here are very hype especially since winter season is coming. The ladies and the guys here look like as if they have just stepped out from the magazine photo shoot or something. I went to ZARA few times to look at the shoes and I thought the salesman was a ZARA model till he approach me and asked if he could help me with the shoes. People here look too good to be salesman or salesgirls. They could be a high paying models if they were to go to Singapore or Japan.

Speaking about Japan. There seem to a be a quite number of Japanese people here. Most of them, the ladies are cabin crew and the guys are graphic artist/photographer. My apartment mate is a Japanese himself and he is a graphic artist whereas the other guy is a British who is journalist and my roommate is a photographer/graphic artist. It's kind of cool to be surrounded by creative people.

I wish I could do life portraits and caricatures. I've tried doing portraits but it turn out fugly. I'm never good with my hands besides for wanking and typing. I envy people who could draw very well. It really means a lot to me if I could draw and paint a scenery instead of taking a picture of it. I simply wish that when I wake up one morning, I would find myself drawing a beautiful portrait.

I think being a journalist is indeed a cool thing. Especially if one gets to do a weekly food review. Maybe I should approach a newspaper agent here and ask if they need a weekly columnist. Many of the columnist here are Indians and they always tell story about their experience in India which doesn't make any sense especially when they are in Dubai. Hmm maybe I should start being a daily writer to their State-Your-View section where the public could write anything or complain about anything they want. I should start complaining how life is miserable in Dubai but I'm afraid that if write too many negative comments I could get deported and banned from coming to Dubai again which I don't mind actually since life here is so horrible, terrible and miserable.

No comments: