Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mein Leben - My Life

Singapore Youth Display Band 2006 Display Band has come and gone. Though I1m like so bloody far away from Singapore. I still managed to get the latest results from ardent display band friends. So the results for this year in order of appearance.

Tanjong Katong Military Band - Gold With Honours
Bukit Panjang Military Band - Gold
Deyi Military Band - Gold With Honours
Yusof Ishak Military Band - Bronze
Jurong West Military Band - Silver
Westspring Military Band - Silver
Bowen Military Band - Gold With Honours
TITANS Marching Band - Gold

Congrats to TK,DEYI and BOWEN. I`m not to sure how well or how bad the competition went on for this year but I`m pretty sure the same gimmicks would be perform year after year. Surprisingly Jurong West Military Band a newcomer clinced a Silver. That`s good. Bukit Panjang clinched back the Gold again which is good. I`ve no further comments till I get to see the video or something. I`m waiting for Zeyu to give me the video. If anyone else got a video of it for this years competition please send me. Hahaha.. Kelvin I believed you have the Malaysian Marching Band competition videos taken years back. Gimme Pleasee thanx.. Oh erm I was wondering, for those of you who never attend SYF Display Band competition before, you have to imagine this. The stadium is somewhat split by an imaginary line. For example on the most front seats in the centre would be TK Fans. On the same row but on the right usually would be Bukit Panjang Fans, whereas on the Left would be Bowen. Deyi Fans would usually occupied the middle seats right above TK Fans, the rest of the schools would be somewhere around the stadium. So the next time if you wanna attend the competition make sure u sit with the right crowd if not your ears would be deaf for hours or perhaps days,when those retarded fans consists of more than 500 students cheering for their school at the same time.

Anyway I`ve came upon this *BLOG SITE `click on it` . It`s a place where all those retarded Band members criticise one another regarding the SYF Competition. I Like one particular comment :

[Quote] sic
TITANS CAN DO FORMATIONS IN TOILET BOWLS LA! PLS LOR.. WAD REP SINGAPORE? PLS LOR... IN THE FIRST PLACE.. U ALL SHOULDNT EVEN GET A GOLD AWARD IN 2004 SYF.. U ALL WERE JUST LUCKY LOR!!ALL YR FORMATIONS DAM SUCK.. ONLI KNOW HOW TO FORM SHAPES.. THE WORSE FORMATION IS SYF04 TAT FORMATION. U THINK U FROM NCC AHZ? PLS LOR.. AT LEAST TK GOT PUMA.. WE GOT ELEPANT.. BOWEN GOT SHIP.. U ALL LEA? ONLI KNOW HOW TO FORM SH*T FORMATIONS TAT CAN ONLI BE CARRIED OUT IN TOILET BOWLS!! DEYI WILL CAN GOLD FOR THIS SYF.. LETS HAVE A FAIR MATCH WITH TKBAND.. =D

[Quote] sic
you band major also dun know how to spell..spell untill band mager..stupid man..go die lah...remember to read wat i write just now kz..dun read means u blind.

I totally disagree when one band member accused the other band that they are copying their previous formations. I do not find anything wrong with copying, infact the word copying should not be used. I would rather called it an IMPROVISATION TECHNIQUE. It happens in the would of Military/Marching Bands all over. It`s not a sin nor does it connotes any penalties. So anyway congrats to the winning bands.

ZEYU I WANT THE SYF VIDEO THANKZZ!~..

No comments: