Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mein Leben - My Life

Urgh I don't know why my tagboard is not working rite now? I guess I've to find a new link. I think my blog skin is outdated, have been using it for like what? 3 years?

I've been in Singapore since last Thursday October 19th. It's great to be back but somehow I feel kind of empty as I've nothing to look forward to except my family and few of my friends. Perhaps I'm used to being away all the time. I've already met up with my Singapore Poly bandmates, my ex-classmates and my 3 'brothers'. I went back to school on Friday night to meet up with my fellow band members, gave Zeyu his 'stuffs', meet up with Derek and others. After which I rush down to Bugis to meet all the Melayu 'gang'. We went to the bazaar at Bugis opposite Park View Building. The stuffs there are kinda expensive and there wasn't many people there. Perhaps the place is kinda remote from the main road. I bought Kuih Semprit for my roommate who has craving for it. Cost me $15 bucks for a small bottle. Then we head town to Geylang cos I wanna buy some cushion covers, my Songkok and what's not. It was very crowded cos we reached there around 9pm. Many last minute shoppers. I simply forgot to take pictures when I was there but somehow I felt great to be among the crowds cos they are Singaporeans and not some Arabs or Indians from elsewhere. The next day I had two gatherings to attend. Weiyin's chalet celebrating her birthday and a dinner gathering with my bandmates.

On Saturday morning I went to my grandma's place to help her with all the pots and pans. My grandma told my mum to cook at her house backyard as my mum would be cooking alot this year. My grandma's house backyard has alot of space so we place about 4 huge pots on a charcoal stove. I was surprised that despite my grandma being a vegetarian she knows how to cook rendang very well. In the afternoon I drove my sister to the aiport cos she has to fly off to Christchurch, New Zealand for a few days after which she would fly to Auckland. Her flight scheduled for this month is kinda pack so she wont be celebrating the first week of Hari Raya with us. My chinese relatives came over in the afternoon to help my mum and grandma make ketupats. My cousins who booked out from camp were there too. They look funny with their bald heads. My father is busy at home cleaning the house. I send my grandma and aunt to the church for their Saturday mass. My cousins remain at my grandma's place to help us out. I met Mark in the afternoon at Orchard Road and Zhiqiang at Bedok in the evening before we go to Weiyin's birthday. Some of my classmates weren't there cos they would be coming late but I don't have the luxury to wait for them, besided the party starts at 6.30pm and they are still not there at 9pm. I met some of DPA staffs at Weiyin's chalet like Kak Zaiton, Aslinda and her family and another lady not sure of her name, Carl Wee was there too. I took a cab and rush down to Newton Food centre to meet up with my band members for another birthday gathering. I bought some LEGO toys for Brandon and Chingsi, it was a last minute gift which I bought at Toys'R'Us with Mark in the afternoon. Went to Swensen after that for our Giant Earthquakes.

I will update again ASAP...

Tomorrow I have to go for a surgery or rather a biopsy on my neck in the morning. Apparently there is a small lump on my left neck. Not to sure what it is hopefully its not another damn tumour. I noticed it about 2 - 3 months back but apparently its too small. I don't really care about it but I worry most is my work back in Dubai. I wonder how the paperworks are going on. I had a quick check up with the Endoscopy doctor and he told me it's a small lump and he could just give me pills to make it smaller but my doctor at the Cancer Centre told me to remove it and had the lump examine since I had a history of Hodgkin's Lymphoma Cancer. It's gonna be small surgery which would only take 1 hour and I'ms sure there is gonna be another scar on my neck. I hate scars cos I already had a big one. Sigh I hope my paperworks are not piling up when I get back. Hopefully I don't have to extend my stay here.

No comments: