Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Destination - North Korea

Few days back I went to the North Korea Embassy at Beach Road with Fadhil. Yes they do have an embassy here in Singapore. Our objective is to enquire about trips to North Korea. The procedures are quite simple actually then I previously thought. I could either fly to Beijing and apply a visa from the North Korea Embassy in Beijing minimum at least 9 days before I fly into Pyongyang which means 9 days in Beijing. Alternatively I could follow a tour agency in Singapore. There is this travel agency called Universal Tours which organizes trip to North Korea. The agency will handle all the paper works for the tourist. The trip would cost $2600 or more for 6 days. Which is very expensive but I don’t mind forking that amount cause its once in a life time opportunity. It was rather ambitious of me to planned for the trip to be done in 2007. As far I know nothing is confirmed, I’m just planning and enquiring that’s all. When exactly the trip is done, I’m not sure.

Now I’ve been asking around who is interested to go. So far only two other people have the keen interest which is Weiliang and Zeyu. Scott and Fadhil refused to go cause its too risky albeit and adventurous one. Weiliang wants to go cause he has nothing better else to do as usual. Now I’m surprised that Zeyu is interested to go. I just found out that he actually had a friend from North Korea who studied together with him before. His friend went back to North Korea years ago and Zeyu has lost contact with him. Now I wonder how many of us could have a friend from North Korea. That’s way too cool. So anyway I’ve been doing a lot of reading on North Korea out of boredom. My idea for this trip is still quite vague for now. Maybe if there is no obstacles I would do it in the year 2007 if not I’ve to wait for Weiliang to finish his National Service in 2008 or Zeyu who would finish his National Service in 2009. That’s still a long way. Sigh North Korea my ultimate dream…

No comments: