Friday, May 04, 2007

Are you moving away?

This is kinda frustrating simply because almost every single friend that I know seems to be leaving our tiny island of Sillypore for good. Well some are just making a temporary transition.

My fellow comrade cum senior Nicholas from SP Architecture would be leaving for New York for studies and perhaps for good. His decision was out of the blue because we actually thought of studying together in the land of down under. His reason was “Singapore is too small for me, I need a bigger space.” This is odd really. I mean I’m not going to see this fella any soon because he is in New Caledonia Island now and then off to school next year. It spoils my mood literally. Even though I know I could pay him a visit but it’s different without a good friend by your side on any other days. Sigh.

I try MY BEST not to migrate even though I KNOW the prospects beyond Singapore is way better. It’s troublesome to start your life all over again and making new friends. I like things the way it is. I know the world is small now. You can simply get from one point to the next within 24 hours, it’s not like as if I’m gonna travel on a ship for months. Still it’s the distance that matters to me. If it’s possible, I would simply love to pack all my family, friends and start somewhere new together but of cause I can’t do that. Next person to move out of this island would be Zeyu I think, cause he has mentioned Manchester few times. So it won’t be surprising if he goes there. I mean what little do we have in this tiny island?

Anyway I was looking at the visitors who has visited my blog. I’m surprised that I’ve visitors from South America. I mean I personally never knew them. The most suprising thing is that I have a visitor from Iran hmm… I know Australia visitors are probably Genn, Changming or Andrian. UAE visitors would be Anita, Skunk and perhaps ex-colleagues. Germany would be Donovan or Kieran. UK would be Tai and LWY. African countries could be my brother. The rest of the countries I won’t be accounted for, perhaps just pure strangers.

Sigh if only people just stick their asses in this tiny island of Sillypore…

No comments: