Vee...
A friend of mine messaged me in MSN and informed that one of our friends was admitted to the hospital cause of liver failure. Now let’s call this friend of mine as Vee as to protect her identity.
The moment I heard about it, the first thing that I sad to myself was “Well, she deserves it”. I’m not being heartless for saying it but I do have a concrete reason to why I said it in the first place.
Vee was a good friend of ours quite a few years back. We used to hang out often during weekends. Till few years later, our friendship with Vee seems to deteriorate due to some misunderstandings. Vee met a group of friends through some recreational program and she particularly hangs out with them cause these people has the same interest as her which is adventure recreation. Initially we didn’t mind her hanging out with them because recreation adventure is something which they enjoy and she enjoys.
The problem with this group of people is that, they were hardcore party goers too which kinda influence Vee abit. So Vee started going disco/clubs quite often during a one week period for quite sometime. She got sick quite often and has to take medical leave from work. We weren’t quite happy with her nightly activities and we were sort of worried for her. We advised her from time to time but I guess she got sick of listening to us that she decided to dump us for her new friends.
She even told us not to meddle with her life and don’t bitch around too much simply because she thought we are jealous of her new friends. True may it be that her friends are cooler than us but I don’t they are cool enough to warn her the consequences of excessive drinking and partying. So from that day onwards our friendship deteriorate till to stage where we never contact with Vee for more than a year.
It’s only last night that we found out Vee was in the hospital. She was admitted into the hospital 2 days ago after complaining that she had stomach pains and she collapse outside a club. My friends and I are not sure whether we should or would visit her in the hospital. Chances is that, we should visit her even if there is a possibility that she wouldn’t acknowledge us as her friends.
I began to wonder, how things would worked out if we had continue to bug her to cut her drinking habits. Would she be in this predicament? Perhaps she won’t. Maybe it’s our fault that we gave up on her too soon.
But sometimes in life, there are things which we have to give up…


No comments:
Post a Comment