Sourgrape in season...
Won’t you be pissed off if someone decides to change plans at the last minute?
I was supposed to attend a concert at the Botanic Gardens today with two of my female friends today. Let’s called them F1 and F2. Now, we’ve planned to attend this concert cum picnic since a week ago. I was really looking forward for this picnic as F1 keeps on mentioning it almost every night of things we could do before, during and after the concert. I mean who wouldn’t be so enthusiastic about it if they kept on talking about it. Infact we already plan to have a small feast during the concert. Well its an open air concert by the lake so yeah picnic is obviously encourage during the event. I even have to change my weekend plans just to fit this itinerary which is fine by me since I’ve not met these 2 friends of mine for quite sometime.
Well I’m supposed to meet them somewhere at 3pm but around 1pm I got a SMS from F1 that F2 couldn’t make it cause she has to attend a family dinner or something sort like that. So I messaged her back saying that I didn’t mind if F2 is not going cause we still could go without her. F1 then replied me back that she decided not to go cause she is tired. -_-!!! Don’t you think that’s kinda unprofessional?
Well first thing first is that, F2 should have known her schedule at least a week ahead especially when it comes to family gathering. Well yes sometimes we can get forgetful but I think it’s abit too abrupt to cancel something 2 hours prior the meeting up took place. She could have given us at least 24hrs of notice at least, I would be happy and I could wake up late. I’ve already showered, put on my clothes and all and suddenly like a bomb-shell they decided to cancel. Second thing is that, F1 should have stick with the plan since she is the one who ‘informally’ organised it. I mean I could tell she is the most enthusiastic one among 3 of us and she also somewhat plans what to bring for picnic and so on. So if she could have at least went ahead without F2, I wouldn’t give a second thought. If she knows she has a lot of work and gonna be tired during the weekend perhaps she shouldn’t have planned all these. Or maybe she is uncomfortable to go out with me. Hmm? Well it’s not like as if I’m gonna do something stupid besides we’ve know each other for almost 10 years. Well of cause both of them did apologised which is at least considerate of them. But somehow you know as people say, once bitten twice shy? I think if they want to ask me out in the future, I will probably tell them that I will confirm with them 2 hour prior to meeting. At least I’m giving them ample time to back out. If you’re making commitments with other people, its better you stick to it and if you wanna back out tell them earlier.
Still crossed with what happened but an hour later I got a phone call from Fadhil and he wants to watch a movie. So we decided to watch Die Hard 4 in town since we have already watched most of the movies screened illegally or legally. Movie starts at 7.45pm so we have ample hours to kill time. So in the end, we end up at Botanic Gardens watching the concert. Can you imagine two guys watching a concert by the lake together? Some people will think “Ouh see those fags there, they are watching concert together, quick hide the kids” or perhaps they will say “Ouh see those fags there, are they crusing for sex in the middle of Botanic Gardens? Shame on them”. Well of cause I didn’t mind going out with Fadhil cause we are close friends just that we thought it would be merrier if the rest of our friends could come down. Weiliang is missing again either busy getting his tattoos or dating girls he would probably dump in the future. So I called Scott down who brought his hunky boyfriend along. Now we look more fag than before when these two bunch of people arrived. Fadhil warned Scott and Jon that no hanky-panky, no mushy acts, no kisses, no sex, no holding hands during the concert. If they want to do all these things, they could go to the shelters behind the trees. Well of cause strangers couldn’t tell that these guys are a couple unless they have a good GAYDAR or something. The concert was alright not bad but I suddenly realised how young these musicians are despite when I was at their age, I thought I feel old even I was just 15 or 16. The movie was not bad either, could be better.
Next week we’ll be going to Botanic Gardens again to watch the 2nd series of the MOE-SHELL Band Fiesta. Initially we thought it’s kinda kiddish to watch secondary school bands but it turns out great. So yeah we’ll watch it again next week. Anyway IT’S FREE!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment