Shyt happens...
Like as if life couldn’t be any worst than this. I’m already pretty jaded with no love life at all (well at least I still have a social life) but some folks looovveeeeeee to make it more difficult. Well I wouldn’t say whatever is happening or had happened is pretty bad but rather amusing, well at least for me. Well first thing first…
Work in office is still mundane. Drawings have been approved but there are no further instructions of what to do next because the team leader is on 2 days leave. Like Yaaayyyyyy!!!! *does somersault - throws confetti’s around* But still there are other things to do. I’ve been asked by the team leader if I want to join the planning committee. And to myself I said, “Can I say no? What happens if I say yes? Can I still have a social life?”. So in the end I just said yes. I mean the way she asked me and the way she told me about the current situation, I just obviously can’t say no to her. Few minutes later when she is gone, I was like thinking what the fuck did i just said?. I just sold my soul to the devil. Arghhh *gasp* Oh well what is done is done … Now let me say goodbyes to my weekends, my night sleep, my social life, my visit to saunas.. Oops did I say saunas? Hell yeah I just did. Now lets say hello to overnight in the office, to the vending machine, cup noodles, RedBulls and eye bags. Sigh… I just hope that I’m up to the job.
Now let’s get back to the main event which happened today that made me more jaded than ever…
I got to know this person from the office, let’s call this person ‘Dalai-Lama’. Why Dalai-Lama? Well I don’t know why I called this person Dalai-Lama but I was thinking of the name on the way back home. So anyway… I knew Dalai-Lama while I was on the escalator in the morning on the way to the office. I’ve seen Dalai-Lama in the office once or twice before but I didn’t really take note of it cause Dalai-Lama is in another team and sits few bays away. So that morning Dalai-Lama strike up a conversation and asked me one dumb open liner, “Hey morning, you new in the office? I’ve never seen you around before” and I said, “Technically no, I was from the Dubai Office and I’m back here after a few months break” and Dalai-Lama said blah blah blah blah….. It’s early in the morning and this Dalai-Lama is already chanting and yakking at me. We parted and did our own stuffs. Dalai-Lama came over to my desk during lunch hour and asked if I wanna go out for lunch but I declined cause I already have appointment with my friends. Furthermore I don’t really know Dalai-Lama at all so it would be probably weird to have lunch together.
Dalai-Lama came back to my desk later that evening asking me if I wanted to go to 7-11 to grab some things to eat. I agreed to follow Dalai-Lama cause I’m bored and hungry, besides it is to make up for the lunch. Besides with those looks, who can actually say no to Dalai-Lama. So ever since that day, Dalai-Lama and I met up on every other day either for breakfast or make a short trip to the 7-11 for a quick bite… To tell you the truth, I found Dalai-Lama an interesting person even though abit stuck up but with those looks…who cares right? Haha… Oh come on we are just colleagues sheesh.. I’m not even expecting anything to happen though I wish it would. Still, it’s good to have a colleague who likes to go for an occasional ‘tea break’ during office hours and make a quick trip to somewhere to grab a bite. And no!!!, we are not skiving, we just need a break and we make sure that we get back to office on time.
So today as usual, I was doing my work at my desk. My colleague from another team was at my desk too. Let’s call this colleague of mine ‘Mahatma Gandhi’. Why Mahatma Ghandi? Well I thought Dalai Lama and Mahatma Ghandi looks good together on bed. So anyway… Ghandi was at my table briefing me on certain stuffs cause we’ll be working together a lot in the future. Problem is, I find Ghandi very intimidating and doesn’t speak much. If I asked Ghandi something, Ghandi will reply either with a Yes or a No. This person doesn’t speak much beyond 10 words. So while Ghandi was at my desk, Dalai-Lama came over to my table with some holy scriptures aka A0 drawings plans. Dalai-Lama asked if I wanna make a quick stop to Starbucks and grab something to eat. I wanted to say no but I’m bored sitting next to Ghandi who is good as a mute besides I wanted to try that blueberry muffin at Starbucks. I asked Ghandi if there is anything that I could get for Ghandi along the way and Ghandi said a firm ‘No’. So I went down with Dalai-Lama to Starbucks after putting away the holy scriptures at the monastery aka desk.
When I came back to the office 15 minutes later, Ghandi was still at my table. Ghandi look abit pissed off cause the face was really showing it like as if Ghandi swallowed a bile or something. Oh I forgot, the real Mahatma Ghandi is a vegetarian. So let’s replace the bile with a sour grape yumyum. I thought Ghandi is having some problems with the drawings so I offered my help but Ghandi said no. Ghandi stood up from my place and looked really pissed off. You know the kind of face when you get really pissed off but you just don’t wanna show it but somehow people just knew it cause you’re blushing red all over. Hmm it’s really odd to see Ghandi showing such behaviour cause I thought Ghandi is a cool firm person except abit mute that’s all. I asked my other colleague, let’s name this person, Mother Teresa, sitting behind me. I asked Mother Teresa what’s wrong with Ghandi. She say’s she don’t know what is wrong with Ghandi perhaps too stress with work.
Well I continued my work like as if nothing happened cause it‘s normal in the office when people get too stressed they then to work themselves up. When it’s about time to go home 2 hours later, I wanted to go to Dalai-Lama’s place cause I wanted to know if the dinner is still on. Earlier during tea break, Dalai-Lama asked me if I wanna head to Town cause Dalai-Lama needs to get a new robe aka clothes. I don’t mind tagging along cause I was thinking perhaps I can do a quick photoshoot in Town. So before I went to Dalai-Lama’ monastery aka desk, I’ve to visit the washroom cause I really need to pee. On the way to the washroom, I saw Dalai-Lama and Ghandi at some corner and they seem to be quarrelling well in a hush-tone of cause. But I can just tell with their expression and all. I was wondering why. Then while peeing, I finally understood why earlier on Ghandi seems to be pissed off. The thought of it really hits me like a bang on the wall. I was like DUHH, obviously… Dalai-Lama and Ghandi are a couple or rather used to be one. So I asked Mother Teresa for some enlightenment. She said she wasn’t sure about them being a couple cause she thought they were really just close friends. Well I thought, even if close friends were to have misunderstandings, they don’t argue like that, so definitely they were an item. But I don’t intend to probe further but then again hehe…being bored and all, I might as well ask when the time is right.
So I guess Ghandi was jealous about me going out with Dalai-Lama. I mean I really don’t want to offend either party cause if I knew they used to be a couple, I would be more sensitive towards them. I guess I shouldn’t have encourage Dalai-Lama to come over at my desk. Ghandi was surprised to see Dalai-Lama asking me our for a quick bite earlier on. I know that feeling when your ex-partner asked your friend out instead of you. It also could be that Dalai-Lama is just using me to make Ghandi jealous cause Dalai-Lama knew that Ghandi and I sits quite near each other. Dalai-Lama probably knew Ghandi is watching us.
So I guess the ‘game’ has began and I’m now beginning my first ‘game’ in the office. I’ve to make sure that I remain firm in my turf and I make sure that I strategise well to have a win-win situation. I just hope my friendship with Ghandi doesn’t deteriorate cause we’ll be needing each other in upcoming weeks to complete our project. I already understand what is going on and I should be partly blame for it. I already decided that I should apologise to Ghandi tomorrow for whatever has happened cause I really didn’t know about it. If Ghandi is still upset with it, I will just stop seeing Dalai-Lama but that doesn’t mean I will stop being friends with Dalai-Lama. If Ghandi decides that it was just a misunderstanding, then I guess life goes on as usual.
It’s kinda a big turn off actually cause I was really beginning to like Dalai-Lama as a friend especially after those coffee talks we had for the past few days.
Oh well…the game has begin and shit happen sometimes. It’s the matter how you clear up the shit.
I guess I would remain jaded for quite awhile...
BY THE WAY....
I know this came abit too late but nonetheless if you still can make it, it would be good.
I'm looking for volunteers this coming Saturday for an event. See details below...
Organiser : Singapore Disability Sports Council
Event : National Swimming Championships 2007
Venue : Toa Payoh Swimming Complex
Date : 18th August 2007
Time : 9.00am to 5.00pm
So if you are interested to be a volunteer for this event, please do inform me via MSN or email as stated in my profile. If you have my mobile number, do send me SMS ASAP. It's never too late, too early, too old or too young to be a volunteer. So what are you waiting for. Come down and lend some help. If you're rich like Lavinia's father, who can afford to buy 10 ROLEXs at one go, please donate or sponsor us. If not, any form of contribution or help would be appreciated. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment