Sickening Chinese New Year...
And so I’ve been in the hospital since Tuesday. Reason? High Fever. Irritating part is that the fever comes and goes when it likes. During the day my body temperature would be 36.7deg but at night it shoots up to 39deg. Funny thing is that I don’t feel any difference. Even doctors think I seem fine apart from the fever.
I’ve been telling my parents how irritating it is to have a Malay patient as a neighbour. In my ward there are 2 other Malay patients. Now why do I say irritating? Well as most people know, Malay families tend to be large. So whenever they visit their relatives in the hospital, they would bring the entire troop down. From grandparents, uncles, aunties, nephew, niece, the uncle who sells chicken at the market to the bus driver who they met on their way. God knows who these people really are. That’s was why I kept a constant reminder to my parents not to tell my relatives ESPECIALLY the paternal side. When they come, it would be like a picnic. With many foods to feed at least 2 wards. Another problem would be that, when my maternal family comes, people tend to be confused as whether I’m Chinese or Malay and they would start asking one whole list of questions.
Sickening fever. Well at least it happens during the holidays and I don’t have to sacrifice my medical leave. Anyway thanks to Ling and Alfred for letting me use their user ID and password for me to surf the net from the hospital. I promise not to surf porn *evil grins*
Thank God the angpow still comes in. I made a mental check list and it seems I didn’t miss a single one. I worry more bout the angpow than the fever actually. While my friends and relatives happily yum-senging all the way and eating peanuts. I’m the hospital eating overcooked Western food. Anyway why majority of the Chinese house love to have assorted peanuts on their table. It’s so sickening to see peanuts in every house I visited.
Anyway Happy Chinese New Year!!! HUAT ARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:
"..to the bus driver who they met on their way." lol totally funny! i loove this blog! x]
Post a Comment