For the past few days many unfortunate events happened in the office. Kenneth and Fatimah who used to be roommates quarreled over unknown reasons. Things started to fall apart when Kenneth's girlfriend stayed over in their apartment. Fatimah told us in the van that Kenneth's girlfriend is using her appliances without her permission. I've never met Kenneth's girlfriend before and I didn't even know he has one. It's unfortunate that such things could happened between colleagues let alone roommates. They quarreled in the office and everyone heard over their conversations. If I were to judge who is in the wrong, I couldn't decide. Thing went out of hand. The directors in Singapore knew about it too. I'm not really sure what is going to happen to both Fatimah and Kenneth. What I know is that May told Kenneth to pack his stuffs from his apartment and move somewhere else. So I guess Fatimah is alone right now. I wonder how is she going to manage to pay the rent cos it's very expensive 3500dirhams for a room. In reality, life here is very challenging. Many things could happened. Even for Fatimah and Kenneth who both are good friends would face obstacles. It's such a sad thing that their friendship has to end simply over a small matter...
Fasting month in Dubai is one day earlier than Singapore. Business in Dubai decided to stagnate. Most shopping malls, supermarkets and restaurants open only from 2pm and closes at 5pm. They reopen again at 8.30pm till 1am. Most offices starts at 9am till 2pm but for our company, the working hours remain the same from 8am to 8pm but of cos we have choice to leave earlier at 3pm but because we don have our own cars, we have to wait for the company transport at 8pm. It's a bit unfair I guess...
On Monday, Fatimah treated Aishah, Aiza and me for dinner. It was a silent dinner, not much conversation. Earlier on, Fatimah had a good fight with Kenneth, so thus that would probably was why she was quiet during dinner.
On Sunday we had a small party for people whose birthday falls on October. We bought cake things like that. It was cool cos I was the youngest among the people whose birthday fall on October.
Sigh life sure is boring during the fasting month.
I've decided to take a leave on January probably from 18th Jan till 26th Jan. The company is stingy for giving us only 15 days leave so therefore I've decided to take 1 week leave so that I can use the remaining leave for December. The reason I'm going back to Singapore is mainly because I want to watch Singapore Polytechnic Band Concert which is on the 22nd Jan. Well I've already told Zeyu to book one ticket for me. I'm not sure who wants to accompany me but I guess I just book first just in case I could follow Peiyan or maybe ask that Kelvin Ang to accompany me for the concert lol... oh well we'll see....
The weather in Dubai could get chilly sometimes. Especially when the breeze swipes through. It's so cold that you wouldn't want to go out of the apartment. Even though it's cold, the sun would always be there scorching your skin. So the weather here is a bit drastic. Many of us having a winter flu now even me.
Ok so anyway, this has been a stupid boring entry.. But unfortunately I've nothing more else to crap oh well at least I've updated...... heh.


No comments:
Post a Comment