Wheee!~ I got my laptop but unfortunately I don`t have my own internet connection yet but still I`m able to get online at times cos my computer got a Wi-Fi, so I`m depending on the wireless network to get online.
Aishah and Aiza reach finally reached Dubai on Saturday morning. They are thrill with their new environment and so eager to explore around. But I`m not going to bring them around Dubai in one whole day cos they are probably too tired because of the jag lag. I will let them rest for about a week or two so that they familiarize with the new environment. Hopefully these girls don`t get home sick too soon. I brought them to Burjumman Shopping Centre gor lunch and we went to SPINNEYS to do their groceries. In the evening we call Ahmad to join us for dinner at Singapore Deli. We had a great time there having conversation and gossips in DP. I didn`t know life could be so `horrible` in DPA itself .
Life in the office has been chaotic nowadays. But usually I`m not involve in the messy situation. I don`t wish to be part of that messiness. Sometimes I wonder why we study so hard and in the end we have to dealt with so many shit. Ironically we study hard so that in the future we don`t have to do all the shitty job and dealt with the shitty problems. Back during our grandfather`s day, one could be successful just by having a basic primary school education. After that they become a clerk or some administrator and all they have to do is just do paper works and order the coolies around. At the end of the day they go back home to their families and sleep peacefully not having to worry about the work pile left in the office. The time now has changed. The more educated you are, the more paper work you have to do and for sure more shit bound to happen. Sometimes I wonder why we study so hard and at the end we have to do more work? We should be simply shaking legs and do less paper work. Humans are bunch of crazy beings I guess. I wish I could be a goldfish and watch the world goes by. I wonder if animals has to go through such rigorous inauguration just to lead a better life.
Ever since I stayed in Dubai, my perception of life has somehow change. My expectation and demand for things went down dramatically. I`m used to Singapore lifestyle where everything is so organized and well maintained. If there is any problem, there would always an authority who deals with your problem. I`m so disgusted by the drivers in Dubai that I swear to God if killing is not a sin, I would have killed every single living drivers on the road. The drivers honk all the time for no stupid reason. They never stop at the zebra-crossing infact they honk at you to tell you to get out of the way. There was an instance where a lady was pushing her pram across the zebra and she got honked by this Indian driver. I curse that very moment for the driver to be die in an accident. If Singapore`s LTA were to set up a Traffic Bureau here, I`m pretty sure they would make a good money just by issuing fines and of cos there would thousands of unhappy drivers knocking on the authority`s door. If I were to set up a car towing company, I would probably be rich too. There are simply so many cars parking illegally on the pavement, handicapped carparks and private parking lots waiting to be towed away. I wish the U.A.E Government could look into this matter rather than busy building World Class Buildings or World Class Ports. How could they be a world class when they don`t even have a good proper road network system. Somehow the money they used for the building construction should have gone to build more roads, carparks and provide adequate public transport to the residents. Singapore shouldn`t have admired Dubai too much.
Anyway this is my latest picture taken with Aishah on the day she arrived in Dubai.
Yup I think that`s all for now.Life in Dubai is Horrible,Terrible & Miserable.
If only I was a journalist.
Thursday, October 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment