Friday, February 03, 2006

I just came back from Singapore few weeks back. Initially before I went back, I was pretty excited, waiting in anticipation for days and planning my days as to make every single day useful when I’m back.

I took Qatar Airways from Dubai to Singapore via Doha. I carefully planned my flight details so that I can board the Airbus 320 from Dubai to Doha as I`ve never had the chance to fly on such small plane before. The rest of the trip will be on Airbus 330-200. I got windows seats on both flights wheeee. My flight was delayed at Doha for 4 hours due to fog. I started to panicked when my flight was delayed cos the airport did not make any official announcement. I only knew it from the ticketing agent. Doha International Airport is the smallest airport I`ve ever been despite being very modern. Situation is a bit chaotic. Passengers sleeping on the floor and all but otherwise it`s just another airport amidst of expanding. The flight from Doha to Singapore took 7hrs. It was very boring because there is no personal PTV at the seats. There are few main screens on the plane showing horror movies but I decided to sleep instead.. So blah blah blah plane land in Changi, saw my parents and my best friend. My best friend Weiliang was there since in the morning cos he was afraid that he might woke up late. So blah blah go home.. Change.. Dinner.. Go Out till wee hours and sleep.

Went back to school to see the band and get my concert tickets from Zeyu. He got some funky hairstyle which looks funny and it makes him looked matured somehow. He needs a goatee to make him look like a Japanese. Derek pretty look the same not fatter nor thinner. James looked fine. Ching Si still with braces. Brandon with glasses. Peiyan wasn`t there even though she told me she is on the way. Zhenyang, Jiaming, Weijie look indifferent to me. Blah Blah..

Concert on Sunday. I`ve to make an effort to travel to school in the morning to give Derek the gifts and all after which I rushed down to Yew Tee to meet up with Aishah`s boyfriend ( I forgot his name somehow). Then I took a cab to Orchard to meet up with Clement before going off to Esplanade. I`ve never liked cab drivers who are talkative. I prefer to travel in the cab in silence. This cab driver was over to friendly.

Cabby : So how arr.. Where you want me to drive har? You going Orchard lite?
Me : Yeah Orchard. You can drive through KJE and then via BKE and then PIE then u exit at Stevens Road. Just drop me off somewhere near the MRT Station. That will do.
Cabby : You sure har.. I drive where u say hor..
Me : Yeah ok ( give that irritating look )

I thought that was the end of the conversation. But after he drove awhile he keep on ranting.

Cabby : I ask you arr.. You chinene or malay arr?
Me : Malay why?
Cabby : Malay arr? How can?? How can you be Malay? You not Chinese meh?
Me : No, but my mother is?
Cabby : Really arr so you can speak Chinese arr?
Me : No but I can understand.

Then he rant whole lot of crap in Mandarin. I wished I`ve said that I was a Caucasian or Negro or Filipino.

Cabby : &^%$#@#$%^&*(*&&^%^&*(*&^%$#@$%^&* (Mandarin)
Me : Yup ok.. Ya ya
Cabby : )(*&^%$%^&*()(*&^%$%^&*(*&^%$%^&* ??? ( Mandarin)
Me : I`m not too sure..
Cabby : Wahlao eh.. I ask you in Mandarin, you reply in English. How CANN???
Me : Why not? At least I reply what?
Cabby : Actually hor.. Sounds funny lar.. I ask u in Chinese you and answer me in English, how can??
Me : ??
Cabby : You know hor.. Now how the road hor tlaffic jam leh. You know arr if you drive through CTE hor it`s faster leh..
Me : Ok. You can drive through CTE then..
Cabby : But then arr got ERP charges.. You sure or not you me to drive to CTE got charge leh.
Me : Ok we stick with PIE then.
Cabby : But jam leh but then hor no ERP.. Ok nvm we try our luck hor.

So we drive along PIE happily, me looking outside the window admiring the green trees which I was deprived of back in Dubai. Fortunately there was no jam at all but this cabby guy here wouldn`t stop talking..

Cabby : You know arr.. Last time hor I always got voted for the best cabby ya know? Passengers vote for me lar hor but I donno why hor I got voted leh. Maybe hor they think I kind. I not kind lar I`m just doing my job.
Me : Ok cool. Maybe you`re kind ( I wonder why the hell those passengers vote for him, he is darn talkative)
Cabby : Aiyah no lar. Last week hor my boss told me a passenger comment say I good, I donno who lar but I think I know who..
Me : How can you know who is it when you just said you don`t know who vote for you?
Cabby : Aiyah I just know lar. But then hor last week .. WAH LAOO WEHH, BASKET got this aunty arr dirty my taxi, wahlaoeh, her daugher vomit in my taxi, basket.
Me : Cool
Cabby : Basket, then the aunty arr nv clean, wahlaoeh what kind of people is that basket..

So for the rest of the trip he keep on ranting about the people he met and how helpful he was. It was a very contradicting conversation where at a moment he reminds himself that he was being praised by a passenger and the next he is mocking at a passenger? Life of taxi driver is full of wonderful moments.

Anyway I met with Clement at Borders before proceeding to Esplanade. Walk around Orchard Road and he pointed out the latest edition of the town. Like that Balcony at Heeren. Ministry of Sound is heree weewheetttt.. They are here in Singapore finally. Clement say I should give this place a visit the next time I`m here. I feel like a tourist when I walk in town, it seems weird. Going to Esplanade means I have to pass Marina Square somehow. So I told Clement that I really have to avoid this place as far as possible, bumping into an office colleague is really not an ideal situation for me. Since we are taking the bus we have to drop at Marina Square, but I noticed the place has change so I decided to give that place a quick look. So both of us quickly scanned around and get out of the place as fast as possible. And made our way to Suntec City then onwards to Esplanade. This is the second debut of Singapore Polytechnic Symphonic Band at the Esplanade. This time they had choirs for the concert which is horrible. Wonder whose idea to include the choirs. They sang horribly. They sang kinky songs like this number from Abba - Thank You For The Music and some holy godly song forgot whats the title. The band is big but the sound doesn`t seem like it. It doesn`t have a big sound. Met few ex-members. Say complimentary hi and all. Met Kelvin Ang who gave me the CD which I requested. After concert quickly went to Bugis to have dinner and get some items. Rushed back to SPBAND to get pictures taken.


Image hosting by Photobucket


Ok that’s Clement and me outside bandroom. Took a lot of shots as all turned out rather candid



Image hosting by Photobucket


That`s the Euphonium Section with Peiyan and Me including our Juniors.
From Left : Me, Brandon, Derek, Ching Si, Weijie, James, Peiyan, Jiaming and Zhengyang
Derek is graduating this year. And do you know what he gave his juniors? A name tag =(
Ok at least that is something. But do you know what I get from Derek and his juniors?


Image hosting by Photobucket


A Swatch. Muahahah. I`m a Swatch freak, I don`t go for fancy watch like Tag Heuer or Rolex cos those are not my taste. Swatch is nice and affordable too. Actually I`ve been bugging Derek for a Swatch didn`t know he would really get it for me. Actually I would be very disappointed if he didn`t get it for me.

After pics went for a quick supper at Clement and met a friend in town for another round of supper and hang out till in the morning. The next day went out again with some of schoolmates. Met Rachel and Rowena at Manhattan Fish Market which I think is a carbon copy of Fish and Co. I saw Rachel`s cute nieces. Then went for dessert at NYDC with Gedeon and Charlene. From them I got a brief news that Hidayah is getting married soon sometime in April - May? I wished the best for her and her partner. I called Patrick the day before if he would like to join us for dinner but unfortunately he is going off to India. It`s kinda of weird for me cos every time I asked him out to join us for dinner he would be either going off to India or Sri Lanka. I mean I know he goes there for some missionary trip of some sort but it`s also possible that he is just avoiding me. But oh well at least I bothered to ask him out and I didn`t give up on him for the last 6 years. Lol


Image hosting by Photobucket


From Left: Gedeon, Rachel, Rowena, Charlene and Me.

So blah blah blah… the rest of the nights I went out with Weiliang and Fadhil. Scott is in Sydney now working as a SIA Cadet Pilot, good for him. Somehow I wished I could have turn up for that SIA interview grr.. I met Jessica before she went off for her camping trip to Malaysia. Currently she is so busy with organizing camps and all which I she really enjoys much. I didn`t have the much time to spent good moments with her but I guess 2 days going out with her is fine with me better than nothing. I met up with Weiyin on my last night to accompany her buy Chinese New Year clothes. Spent 3 miserable hours walking around to look for her top and she finally found one at Bugis. Pheew.

Image hosting by Photobucket


That’s Weiyin with the Ice dessert thingy.. I dunno what the hell is that. She just brought me there.


Image hosting by Photobucket


And that`s horrible me. Bleah


Ok so anyway. I didn`t have many pictures taken as I was too lazy to bring my camera around. And I`m so darn lazy to blog nowadays. I`ve been pretty occupied with Novels to read. Ok Bleah.. Happy Doggy Year. Please Do More Doggie Positions With Your Partner.

No comments: