Saturday, November 11, 2006

They Knew

Some of my colleagues in the office knew that this would be my last month in Dubai and they wanted to take lots of pictures before I go off. I assure them that I'm not resigning from the company completely but rather taking a long good break so perhaps I would meet some of them again back in Singapore office few months from now.


It's tiring to answer the same old question which is, "Nasir are you sure you're sick, you look perfectly fine". Well looks are deceiving somehow, I'm not sure how to reply them cause its true I look perfectly fine. Maybe its just that I'm able to hide it unless someone asked me. Infact I don't feel any pain whatsoever except for the area where I had my biopsy on my neck which is itching like hell and sometimes it feels numb. Another question they would asked me which some would consider a taboo is 'Aren't you afraid of dying?'

I'm not sure whether to laugh or sad or smack their faces but I always say that I don't really care cause I believe in Living Life To The Fullest. I don't care what people wanna say and I don't really care what is my opinion on other people. So I make sure that I say whatever I want before I die.


One thing which worries my mind is my work in the office. I'm just practically worried that my partner and whoever is replacing my position would not be able to do their task carefully and on time. Already a Singaporean lady by the name of Weiyin or Wei Ing (not sure how to spell her name) came by this afternoon and she would be replacing me. Somehow I'm confident yet in doubt that she is able to do her tasks. Confident because she has impressive working experience and understand the working terminology but I'm also in doubt because simply she is a soft speaking lady. I told her its ok to be aggressive at times but not all the time of cause. As for Syed well let's say he is uncomfortable of having a lady working with him, perhaps its a stigma that she is working with a lady. Whatever it is, I still have 2 weeks to brief the lady and after that God knows what will happen.


I just can't wait to get back somehow, feel kinda thrilled but also at the same time irritated cause I hate hospital stays and on top of that chemotherapy and surgery. But hey it's not so bad cause it's gonna last only 3 months at most unlike last time which took almost 10 months. I still have to think of school after all this crap... Bleah

No comments: