Do you miss band?
Someone asked me if I miss band. Well definitely. I do miss band. Infact I miss performing for concerts. I rather perform than watching one.
Speaking of band. I’ve forgotten to update the results of this year’s SYF results but I can tell you my secondary ASSumption English School got a Bronze. Hur hur, I’m sure they will never get a Gold with such music conductors. The funny thing is that Clara my ex-SYO khaki called a week before if I want to write a review for a magazine during the competition. I asked her if I’m getting paid for it? She said no. Well as for me, I don’t things for free Lol… I mean of cause I will get the privilege to sit and watch the entire competition for 2 weeks or so. Besides I’m not really a good listener. Oh well doesn’t matter anymore.
It’s really odd. I wish I hadn’t quit SYO or ran away from Mus’Art or perhaps join Philharmonic Winds during its initial days as Adrian suggested. I don’t like shuttling my weekends playing for two bands, having to juggle SPBAND was already bad enough for me.
While most people love to play solos or lead instruments, I prefer to play bass lines. Anything that is in Bass Clef I would definitely love it. I’ve never like playing Solo cause simply I couldn’t count the bars. I’ll get lost halfway while playing a solo and furthermore I’ve to see the conductor. I can’t multitask. So most of the time I would some else to play usually it’s my junior. Some of my juniors are way better than me but I still wonder why I’m always made the Section Leader.
Some members in SPBAND knew that I was playing the Bassoon during my 1st year before I switch to Euphonium simply because they were lacking of players in that section. I would say it’s quite difficult initially even though I used to play the Tuba during my high school days. Worst is that I always have to switch between Tuba in school and then Bassoon in SYO. It’s not advisable to play brass and woodwind instrument at the same time. It’s bad for your embouchure. People always asked me what the hell is Euphonium or a Bassoon, it’s tiring to explain to them. So in the end I always say, I play the Trombone since everyone knew what kind of instrument is it.

This is a Bassoon and I don't know who is this girl but she really look like Selly.

I have this fetish for ContraBassoon, don't know why. Got to play it only once in SYO.

Euphonium players obviously. I don't a nice pictures of myself playing Euphonium, most of it are candid which is ridiculously funny. Thus I have to search the net for such pictures
I have this ultimate dream to play this instrument. It's the Marching Convertible Tuba. Unlike most Tubas where you either play it sitting down or hold it by the front when you're marching, Marching Tubas you play it on the shoulder, which I thought it's cool. Infact since high school days, i always pretend to play a Marching Tuba by resting it on my shoulder, some of my friends thought it's retarded cause there is no such instruments or it looks ridiculous. What the hell do they know bleah...

Some guy playing a Marching Tuba in Drum Corps International.


No comments:
Post a Comment