Thursday, January 24, 2008

Shh don't tell anyone...

My office is located in a well known shopping mall somewhere in Raffles Boulevard and for the past few weeks the shopping mall has been playing Chinese New Year songs to give the CNY atmosphere. Since my office is above the mall, I would always hear the songs being broadcast thru the PA system. By chance whenever I stepped out of the office to ‘skive’, I would always hear this particular same song over and over again. The chorus of this song is so irritating, it goes ‘Ping Ping Pong, Ping Ping Pong, Ping Pong, Ping Pong, Ping Ping Pong!!!’. I was thinking whoever wrote this song is a muthafuckas who knows how to irritate people the hell out of them. But I think CNY songs are meant to irritate people with all the loud fire crackers and cymbals in them. Like as if listening to my Team Leader gossipping everyday is not bad enough.

The other day, I received my bonus. YAY HAPPINESS!!! My team leader being a busybody has been reminding us about the upcoming bonus when nobody else in the office knew about it. In fact I wasn’t expecting any bonus this year knowing the fact how stingy the company can be, everyone in the office knows it. So anyway, the secretary was supposed to give me a letter, which is confidential stating how much bonus I’m receiving this year. My team leader being ‘helpful’ actually volunteered to deliver out. She claimed she didn’t she take a single peek into my leader WHICH I think she lied. Now, my team leader sits in front of me and she always turn around to face me and gossip with my other team members who would gather at my table. Once she delivered the letter to me, my team leader sat down at her desk, swing her chair to face me. This how the conversation goes…

TL: So open your letter already? How good or not?
Me: Nope I haven’t open yet.
TL: Ok.
Me: (I place the letter next to me and I could see that my TL eyes was on the letter expecting me to open it)
TL: You open lar, if not good I can talk to the director to increase it.
Me: Later when I get home I will open it.
TL: Is your pay above $$$$$?
Me: No.
TL: More or Less?
Me: More
TL: Is it more than $$$$?
Me:No.
TL: Whoah so much arr?
Me: A lot meh? No what. I’m being underpaid.
TL: Is your pay $$$$?
Me: WHY YOU ASK ARR???
TL: Nothing just asking, if your pay is $$$$, your bonus would be $$$$. So I think you earn $$$$.
Me: Maybe. (At this point I got the feeling she had peeped into my letter)


So I went to the toilet to pee and when I come back 15 minutes later, she was still facing my table.

TL: So how got open your letter in the toilet or not?
Me: NOOO!!!
TL: Ok nevermind later, you open your letter and tomorrow you tell me if its good.
Me: Ok (duh)

And the next day, she asked everyone in my team about their bonus and how much they are earning. Someone in my team told me that my TL always like to poke her nose around about one’s salary. Now the funny thing is that my TL somehow guess my pay to be $$$$, the exact amount. I was surprised cause it’s supposed to be confidential. The irritating part is that I think she told my teammates about my pay. One of them asked how come I earned $$$$ cause I’m still a junior. Oh well how would I know. DUH!!! MAYBE IT’S BECAUSE I DON’T WASTE MY TIME GOSSIPING TOO MUCH OR WASTING TIME QUEUING AT DONUTS FACTORY IN RAFFLES CITY FOR FRIGGIN 2 HOURS DURING OFFICE HOURS!!!

I hope her gynaecologist would do something to her Gossip Hormones when she goes for her next check up. If she was the size of a barbie doll, I would have chew her head off. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!!! or maybe I should get a voodoo doll and step on her. Die... gossiper.. step step... DIE!!!

I've been complaing too much. Should change this blog name to Nasehr's Komplhen Session. Bleah...

1 comment:

phill said...

sensitive issue especially for sg due to kiasu-ness inside their blood!
hehe